Almost all products come with some type of warranty. The extended service plans are offered to protect your purchase beyond what the manufacturer does.
Warranties vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and from device to device. Here’s the scoop:
- A lot of manufacturer’s warranties are valid only for 90 days, especially on labor. That’s not a lot of time. Anything breaks past that point, and you’re on your own.
- Even with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty, if you’re buying an expensive item with a seven to ten year life expectancy - or longer - you may decide the peace of mind is worth the added investment. The extended service plan can cover that expensive repair - in your home if needed - far beyond the manufacturer’s coverage.
- If it’s a less expensive product, say under $200, you might not even consider an extended warranty - but you should know most items in that price range are usually just replaced with a new item. The service plan price is low, so it might be worth it.
- How important is that product to you? If you need your mobile phone 24/7, then you’ll almost certainly want to invest in extended coverage that will repair or replace it - and fast!
- You can even get a plan to cover accidental damage to a product - so that phone going down the stairs or dropped into the sink or puddle - covered. Most manufacturer warranties do NOT cover accidental damage.
- Of course, if you have a product, which has a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer, then you won’t need to buy an extended warranty.
One more thing to consider that might not have occurred to you. Water - any appliance that has water passing through it - from clothes washers, to dishwashers, to icemakers in the refrigerator - is a good candidate for extra coverage. Water can mean leaks and unexpected leaks can add up to costly repairs.
Extended Service Plans are insurance protecting the investment you’re making in that new item they guarantee peace of mind. There are all different types, for all different types of products. Weigh the pros and cons, and decide for yourself when a warranty makes good sense.
Here at BrandsMart USA, we love talking about warranties and extended service plans and how they can replace or repair a product that’s important to you. Come by to learn more about our service plans and our expert trained technicians that are only one call away from repairing your product or check out more information on our website brandsmartusa.com/answerslab. Discover the BrandsMart way.